Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Four of a Kind


Remember that extra hank of J. Knits I told you about? Well here it is in its knitted form, along with the product of the first one. A friend from the sunny south is headed north to visit us Mainers this weekend and I think she may find one pair of these fingerless gloves will keep her hands from becoming frost-bitten when she's out walking the dogs.

Has anyone been wondering where I've been since my last post a month ago? I've been taking a break from the needles the past few weekends to try some baking. As my friends and family know, the kitchen and I are relative strangers. Having a husband who's retired equates to most evening meals being ready when I get home from work. Cereal for breakfast, bag lunch (I love left-overs) and dinner...well, there you have it. No need to cook. Baking however is not his forte so I've been trying my hand at making bread, rolls, sticky buns, and cookies, lots and lots of cookies. The ladies of the house: my mother-in-law, my mother and I, are cookie monsters and bakery cookies are both expensive and quickly devoured. Solution: bake our own and I've been doing a bang-up job, if I may say so, myself.

There's a lesson to be learned from this story though. There are only so many hours in each day and if one is going to bake, one must sacrifice knitting time. Hmmmmm. Fewer cookies, more knitting!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mz. Windjammer-
    Can't wait to see your knitting up close and personal! Made some biscotti myself last night but they're just a little too dry for the hostess gift I was intending. Fortunately the Standard Baking Co in Portland does a bang up job.
    See ya soon, the Southerner

    ReplyDelete
  2. TM,
    Baking does sound like fun when you make yummy treats. We just might have to make a trip for some sticky buns!!!
    The mitts look great! That's a wonderful picture of AC-136. Is it on your Ravelry page? Share it with the J.Knits group. Julie will be thrilled to see them.
    Now off to the kitchen to find some sustenance, unfortunately I'm the reluctant cook in this house. Although with BU in our future perhaps he'll have more time to cook?
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete